home bio gigs music photos press blog www.mickterry.co.uk Image Map

Monday 2 February 2009

That's Snow Business, Folks


We sometimes the forget the simple pleasures in life, getting sucked in by the consumerism monster or the Cathode Ray Tube (sorry, LCD just doesn't sound as poignant) instead. Yesterday, I sat in the Kitchen with my 2 boys, watching the first of what turned out to be a very heavy snowfall, transform the empty, winter greenery of our garden into a scene straight out of a Snowglobe. The look of wonder and excitement on their faces was absolutely priceless and one I will always remember.

At about 11:45 pm, just before I went to bed, I sat in the Kitchen again and marvelled at the simple beauty of the Snow. Although it was close to midnight, the entire garden and surrounding skyline was bathed in a cool white glow. For 10 minutes I sat, watching the snow fall and I'd like to think that the look on my face was every bit as happy as the one I had witnessed on my son's faces, earlier in the day.

I love Snow.....

2 comments:

Masher said...

Hah! Not only does he nick my blogathon idea, but he nicks my post titles too!

Mick, in that picture, you appear to have abandoned your car a bit quick!

Good luck for the next 26 days ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...there's only one way to sort it out... snowball fight!!

(And at least I get my ideas nicked by decent people such as Jon Stewart. Well, OK, his team and the voices in my head got to make up the same gag about that guy who demoted Pluto from being a planet looking just like one of Barney Miller's detectives. It was funny, honest).