home bio gigs music photos press blog www.mickterry.co.uk Image Map

Saturday 14 February 2009

Here is the News, I mean Muse (Reprise)


I am, no doubt about it, in the middle of a purple patch, The songwriting is burning up with "the fever of purple prose" (© P. McAloon). 2 new songs written in less than a week - Bring it on Costello! (Elvis, that is, not Lou). The latest song, "Puzzle Girl", was inspired by a girl in the audience at last thursday's open mic night at King Eddie's. After my little slot, at the very late, but, very rock 'n' roll time of 11:30, she came up to me to say how much she enjoyed my songs. She also said that she considered herself a very harsh critic, where music was concerned, and that I had impressed her so much that she actually put her pen down and ceased trying to solve her Sudoku puzzle for the duration of my 4 songs! So, for all the Marketing folk out there, forget about the Nintendo DS's, the Wi's and the X-Box's, the key to winning over the hearts and minds of the todays fickle teenagers, is to tear them away from Sudoku.

From one "Puzzle Girl" to another;

"An endless puzzle without any solution" ~ Billy Wilder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I got to see comedian Shazia Mirza* the other week (in the front row at the Soho Theatre). She was a little offended at my collection of newspapers under my seat, picked them up and waved them around at the crowd saying "Oh look, we have a Guardian reader in the house". My indignant response was " Guardian AND Telegraph please. I brought reading material as I've seen your act before". She moved swiftly on.

PM

* www.shazia-mirza.com