home bio gigs music photos press blog www.mickterry.co.uk Image Map

Friday 22 July 2011

On The Air







It's unlikely that meeting Jackson Browne would not be considered the highlight of my week, or, indeed, year, but, last night my song, Ringing Like A Bell, was played on BBC Radio. This was my first ever airplay and I couldn't be happier that it was played by the rather wonderful Ralph McLean on his BBC Radio Ulster "Classic Albums" show. Ralph is a genuine music fan and obviously wears his anorak with pride, just as I do. So, to have my song sandwiched between Brinsley Schwarz's mighty "Peace, Love and Understanding" and Shack's majestic "Comedy" was like a dream come true. The fact that I was listening to show live on the web only made the feeling that much sweeter. I felt like Mark Cavendish being launched into the final 50m by Mark Renshaw, only it was Nick Lowe who was my lead out man and you just can't fail to win when "Basher" is on your team. And you know what? I think I can see Paris from here....

No comments: