home bio gigs music photos press blog www.mickterry.co.uk Image Map

Thursday 8 January 2009

Infamy, Infamy, They've all got it Infamy!

New Years Greetings Ladies and Germs

I guess that we are all trying to leave our mark on this world in some shape or fashion. Be it lofty ambitions that could, ultimately, lead to Nobel Peace awards, Acedemic Accolades or, just, a mention in The Hackney Gazette. For me, I have always thought that the best opportunity would present itself through Music. I still dream that one day the Postman will walk down the street whisting one of my songs - the only true meter of success amongst the populous! Until then, my personal quest will continue via various Support gigs, Open mic slots, Demo tapes, MySpaces, Facebooks, Blogs and yes, even The Hackney Gazette.

But, hold on a minute there, Sparky....
Reading through the pages, and specifically the Obituaries section, of the February issue of Uncut magazine, I came across this little gem of an article.

MIKE TERRY 1940-2008
"Whenever Berry Gordy Jr needed a burning sax solo to punctuate hits by The Four Tops ("I can't help myself"), Martha and the Vandellas ("Heatwave"), The Supremes ("Where did our love go?") and The Isley Brothers ("This Old Heart of Mine"), Terry was the man"

Did you hear that? "Terry was the Man" Now, as if that isn't cool enough, This Old Heart Of Mine just happens to be my favourite 45 rpm of all time - spooky or what? And, there in lies the rub. After years of trying to put my stamp on this planet, it appears someone else has kindly pulled their size 9's on and done it for me. Infamy at last!

There's only problem with my new found fame - I'm already Dead!

Peas 'n' Fluff

Mick

No comments: