home bio gigs music photos press blog www.mickterry.co.uk Image Map

Friday 5 December 2008

Never a Dull Moment

Greetings Ladies and Germs

Well, I am about to embark upon a Atlantic Crossing. Well, not me actually, but, rather one of my songs. For said song, or at least the makings of, will be Sailing across stormy waters bound for Philadelphia. The recipient will be a fantastically talented individual (let's just call him Winnie Cooper for now) who has agreed to play a few games of Pro Tools chess. For the non Muso's this translates as I send him a rough demo of my song, he pours magic "Phil Spector" fairy dust over it, sends it back to me and I try to outdo him knowing all the while that I'm gonna get four-move checkmated by him every time.

Now, being honest, I am both excited and worried in equal measures regarding this new venture. I have never been one of those "Songwriters workshop" type of writers, so this is a real departure for me, but, this guy has given me a Reason to Believe. And if Winnie really can turn my pile of musical Debris into a Long player, then this should really be the First Step towards the Shape of Things to come.


I should really apologise for the lame-ass attempt at humour, but, it's Friday, the eggnog has been flowing and any excuse to get Rod Stewart references into a post works for me. I was only Joking, Ahem............


Peas and Fluff

Mick

No comments: